This is the latest (18.104.22.168) touch recovery for the Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9000) in an Odin flashable tar file.
You can download it from Here.
How to flash
- Open Odin (I've tried 1.85 and 3.04).
- Click the PDA button and select the tar file from the link above.
- Leave everything else as it is when you open odin, then click flash.
- It should take about 5 seconds, and then your device will reboot.
Creating the TAR file
These are the steps I took using Cygwin to create the tar file, should you wish to create your own Odin flashable tar file for a different device:
- Download the relevant image from the ClockworkMod Recovery site.
- Rename the file to recovery.img
- Open up Terminal/Cygwin and navigate to the folder the image file is in and type:
- tar -H ustar -c recovery.img > recovery.tar
And that is it, you can flash the recovery.tar image using Odin as described above